- For a smooth presentation and better experience, please ensure that you have installed/updated the latest Zoom client (version 5.11.3 or greater) on your device
Please note that options may be labelled slightly differently depending on what operating system you are using.
Before your talk, please download the Zoom App and update the following settings:
- Check ‘Use Dual Monitors’ if you have a multiscreen setup, this will provide you with a more flexible Zoom experience. You may prefer to keep it in single monitor mode for less windows
- Check ‘show my connected time’ (may also be called ‘Show my meeting duration’) if you want a timer for your session
- If you have multiple cameras, ensure to select the desired one from the drop down menu
- Check ‘HD’ & ‘Original Ratio’
- My Video
- Check ‘Mirror My Video’ if you find it difficult seeing yourself in a mirrored view (makes it easier if pointing to things)
- Uncheck ‘Touch up my appearance’
- Check ‘Adjust for low light’ if in poor lighting conditions (this should only be used if absolutely necessary)
- Video (Advanced) (click the button)
- Uncheck ‘Optimize video quality with de-noise’
- Use hardware acceleration for:
- Check Video processing
- Check Receiving Video
- Check Sending Video
- Virtual background
- Video Rendering Method: Auto
- Video Rendering Post Processing: Auto
- Video Capturing Method: Auto
- Select your desired audio output device from the dropdown menu. Note: Please use headphones if you plan on playing any audio into the Zoom session, this will prevent the audio from your speakers being picked up by your microphone.
- Press ‘Test Speaker’ and set the Volume slider based on the output level
- Ensure your desired microphone or audio input is selected from the dropdown menu (note: this can also be changed on-the-fly through the up arrow next to the Mute/Unmute button in the main Zoom control bar)
- Uncheck ‘Automatically Adjust Microphone volume’
- Click ‘Test Mic’ and set the volume slider to the desired input level
- Suppress Background Noise: (depending on the environment and your setup, you may wish to disable background noise suppression. This is recommended for people with more advanced setups, treated spaces or home studios)
- Music And Professional Sound (only relevant if you plan to share presentation audio in your session).
- Check ‘Show in-meeting option to Enable Original Sound from microphone’.
- Window size when screen sharing: set this to your desired preference
- Check ‘Scale to fit shared content in Zoom window’
- If the option is available, Uncheck ‘Show my Zoom Windows to other participants while sharing’
- Uncheck ‘Side by Side’ mode
- Check ‘Silence System notifications when sharing desktop’
- Share Screen (Advanced)
- Check that screen capture mode is set to Auto.
- (Windows Only) Use hardware acceleration for:
- Check Screen Sharing
- Check ‘Annotations on a shared screen or whiteboard’
- These are a personal preference for how you wish to interface with the Chat. Some speakers may choose to ignore the general chat entirely and just answer questions through the Q&A
Background + Filters
- If you plan to use a virtual background or green screen, the settings for these can be found here. We do not recommend using this if you do not have prior experience and a known working setup. A poorly executed virtual background or greenscreen replacement can lead to very undesirable results
- Please add an image of yourself and update your name.